We continue our support and sponsorship of the little elementary school in Chwitiziribal and the High School Students in the Community!
In 2016 we connected 11 sponsors and students. Most are in High School, the first and second level. One is in Bilingual Secretarial School and another Social Work at University. We will continue this project with 3 new students for 2017.
We also visited the elementary school in the community three times in 2016, sharing days of joy, crafts, songs, games with the students.
We also painted the outside and inside of the school in the summer of 2016.
We love this school and we love these students!
Thailand 2016 Highlights. We had an incredible journey to Thailand and shared in some significant connections to projects.
1. We had the privilege of partnering with the Branch Foundation and visiting for two days the Koung Jor Refugee Camp at the Burmese Border. We learned a great deal about the Shan People who have been in refuge in Thailand for the past 14 years. We met the leaders of the camp, shared time with them, visited and supported the weaving project, and shared a morning in English Class for monks.
2. We visited the Thai Freedom House another project supporting Burmese Refugees in Thailand. We brought a donation for their work and enjoyed an amazing lunch at the Free Bird Cafe.
3. We had the huge honor of staying overnight in Mae Sa a Village of Mung People an hour outside of Chiang Mai. We were hosted by our incredible friend Win Leard and supported the families we stayed with financially. We lived a simple life for a day and a half, enjoying the peace of the village.
1. We visited the Our latest visit to Guatemala in February 2015 brought more opportunities for us to share with some projects!
- We had an incredible day in Chwitizirbal, while on the trip to Guatemala last month. We shared a day of joy with the children at the elementary school in the village: games, songs, lunch for all the children and teachers, pinatas for the girls and the boys, and sharing the art and school supplies we brought with the teachers! After our time with the children we had a beautiful lunch with the sponsored students and their families! This year 8 girls and one boy are attending high school thanks to our generous sponsors and donors. We shared incredible chicken soup that the mothers of the students made (7 chickens were used for this soup which is an incredible expense and gift for the families), each student shared some words, as did the parents and Julio and I. It was a beautiful day under a bright blue sky! We give thanks that this small beautiful community is a big part of us and we are looking forward to seeing where the students go with their education! We also provide transportation for the 3 teachers to get up the mountain each day by pickup, saving them alot of time walking up and down. We’ll be there to support them! If you’d like to donate to this project please don’t hesitate to send us a message. 100% of the donation goes directly to the education of these students!
- We brought some suitcases full of medical supply donations for the Mujerres en Solidaridad (women in Solidarity) clinic in Guatemala City. This organization provides medical clinics to the barrios just outside the city, some of the most impoverished communities in Guatemala. We visited one of these communities: Chinautla sharing time with some of the medical workers and volunteers there.